Years of Use (Indicia/Colophon Publisher)
Definition: The beginning and end years of when the Indicia/Colophon Publisher was used, whether or not it was used the entire time.
- Two validated field for an integer value: Year Began and Year Ended.
- Check the Year Began Uncertain if the Year Began is uncertain or unknown. A question mark will appear next the Year Began when the Indicia/Colophon Publisher Years of Use is displayed.
- Check the Year Ended Uncertain if the Year Ended is uncertain. A question mark will appear next the Year Ended when the Indicia/Colophon Publisher Years of Use is displayed.
- Indexers must limit the value for both the Year Began and Year Ended to a valid year between 1800 and the current year (+1).
- Indexers must ensure that the Year Began is a year not greater than Year Ended.
- Indexers should either enter a value in the Year Began or check the Year Began Uncertain.
- Indexers must leave Year Ended blank if the Indicia/Colophon Publisher is or may still be used.
Back to the Formatting Documentation