Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A comics publication is one in which the majority (>= 50%) of the publication's content (excluding covers and advertising) consists of comics and/or cartoons.
- If most issues in the series do NOT meet this guideline, we turn the is_comics_publication flag off.
- If the series changes from mostly comics to mostly not comics or vice versa, check with an editor or on the main mailing list.
- Publications of single panel cartoons, comic panels, editorial cartoons and gag cartoons are considered comic publications that can be indexed.
For non-comics publications these limitations hold
- only comics sequences may be indexed. These are the following Types: comic story, photo story, cartoon, and about comics.
- cover scans will not be accepted for any issue that has not been indexed with at least 10 percent comics. If the cover has comic material, it may be indexed.
(end of definition)
Policy Votes Affecting This Topic
https://www.comics.org/voting/ballot/92/ - 2011-08-31
Back to the Formatting Documentation