Jump to navigation Jump to search
Definition: The common house name of the publisher
Data Entry: Text field limited to a 255 characters
- Indexers should NOT include specific corporate names such as those typically found in the indicia or title page. This information is stored as an Indicia/Colophon Publisher.
- Co-published books should list both publishers separated by a semi-colon
* DC * Marvel * Marvel; Archie
- A single publisher known by multiple names should have the names separated by a forward slash (policy vote)
* Temerson / Helnit / Continental
- Some comics have absolutely nothing indicating a publisher name. In those cases our current best practice is to use the creator's name as the publisher's name, unless another name is known. If another name is known from some other source, the source should be given in the Notes field.
- Some comics without a publisher name are also missing any creator's names. We currently list such comics under the appropriate one of the following "Unknown" publishers:
Back to the Formatting Documentation