Useful indexer links: Difference between revisions
Jump to navigation Jump to search
No edit summary
(→Australia: Add Australian Comics Long List)
|Line 69:||Line 69:|
* [http://www.tabula-rasa.info/AusComics/ComicsPublishers.html Australian Comics Publishers].
* [http://www.tabula-rasa.info/AusComics/ComicsPublishers.html Australian Comics Publishers]
Revision as of 09:27, 2 July 2021
General Information Sources
- Jerry Bails' Who's Who in American Comics - a listing of creators working in U.S. comics up to the year 2000. Creators' work is listed by publisher and feature that they worked on. Useful for narrowing down possibilities for unknown artists prior to 2000. Be sure to read the FAQ there for helpful searching hints.
- ComicList - a source for release dates for U.S. comic books from 1991 to present. Useful for adding on-sale dates and keydates to publications without indicia dates. For older books, also check the ComicList Database And Archive.
- The GCD Email Lists - The members of the GCD Email lists are a wealth of information and there are archives of previous email discussions available for members. See the Email Lists FAQ for subscription option.
- Michigan State University Comic Art Collection - MSU has information on the comics-related holdings of the Michigan State University library.
- The Central Library Catalog - Good for the publisher and publishing date for obscure comics-related books. CAUTION: The title catalogued here is the title page title, not the title in the publishing data/indicia.
- HeadComix.Info/Wiki - Underground comix guide/directory.
- Bowling Green State University - Bowling Green State University Jerome Library catalog includes many comic publications.
- Ohio State University Libraries - Ohio State University Libraries catalog includes many comic publications.
- WorldCat - WorldCat is the world's largest library catalog.
- Don Markstein's Toonopedia - Toonopedia includes information on creators and characters, including supporting characters.
- Lambiek Comiclopedia - The Comiclopedia is the world's largest overview of comic artists.
- eBay - Of course, eBay is a source of cover images for comics, including some obscure issues.
- Webcomics Offline - Webcomics Offline, is a digital portal leading to books derived directly from webcomics, in short, webcomics in paper-format. Includes many comics not found in the Diamond distribution catalog.
- Lone Star Comics and Mile High Comics - are comic shops with an extensive back issue inventory and include cover images and other information.
- Inducks - a worldwide authority on Disney comics publications.
- Stripper's Guide - in-depth information on newspaper strips with links to creator interviews.
- BARNEY - information on features, creators and more that have appeared in the British comic series 2000 AD.
By Publisher / Fictional Universe
Acclaim / Valiant
- Valiant Fans has a very comprehensive listing of comics published by Acclaim or Valiant Comics
- Charlton Spotlight has a useful page with Charlton creators and their full names.
- I.N.D.U.C.K.S. - a free database of Disney comics throughout the world. Useful for finding creator and reprint information for Disney comics. When using information from their site make sure to cite them: "The data presented here is based on information from the freely available Inducks database." and list their website URL with the citation.
Timely / Atlas / Marvel
- Atlas Tales has much information for Atlas-Timely-Marvel titles.
- The Warren Magazines Index GCD member Richard Arndt's index of the Warren magazines
Platinum and Victorian Ages
- Andy's Early Comics Archive has numerous Victorian / Platinum Age scans.
- Digital Comics Museum Large archive of public domain Golden Age scans.
- Comic Book Plus Large archive of public domain Golden and Silver Age scans.
By Language / Nation / Region
- Guia dos Quadrinhos: guide to all comics published in Brazil (in Portuguese)
- comicsDB.cz: database of comics published in the Czech Republic (in Czech)
- comicwiki.dk: Danish comics
- Bedetheque.com: database on French language comics (bandes dessinées), mainly from France and Belgium.
- BDoubliées: database of "forgotten" (ie. out-of-print) French comics
- Deutscher Comic Guide: German Comic Guide is a bibliographic database of Comics in German with almost 100.000 entries.
- Greek Comics: Site/forum about comics published in Greece, amazingly complete. See the index of all comic titles published in Greece. In Greek, requires registration to access most areas.
- Manga Encyclopedia (a part of Anime News Network) - contains information on Japanese manga creators and series, both original Japanese releases and Western translations.
- Shokage Archives - a list of many tankobon from the 1960s to the present in Japanese
- Manga Database Japan's Agency for Cultural Affairs Web Database for Manga, Anime, Games. Link goes directly to manga. In Japanese.
- Manga Magazine Blog a well organised blog of the contents of popular manga magazines. Not updated since 2014. Includes covers.
- Hakusensha List list of books and magazines from Hakusensha, mostly shojo. Not updated since 2013, but a very good source for reprints
- www.wak.net.pl and www.wak.net.pl/old/ (older version with bigger database) - Site about Polish comics (in Polish)
- GRAN CATÁLOGO DE LOS TEBEOS EN ESPAÑA (1880-1992) is an online version of a book cataloging Spanish comics for the period 1880-1992. In some respects, it appears to be aspiring to be a GCD for Spanish comic strips. Part of Tebeosfera, the largest site for Spanish comic books.
- todocoleccion collectibles for sale, much like eBay. Comics are found under the section "TEBEOS, COMICS, CUENTOS Y PULP."
- Seriefrämjandet The oldest Swedish comics organization. (in Swedish)
- Spirou: Indexing the Swedish publications
- Comics UK British comics, story-papers, writers, artists and other information (1874-present)
Out of Place
The following link doesn't belong here, but we might want to put it somewhere:
Hero Initiative - a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping comic book creators in need