Who's Who: Difference between revisions
|Line 16:||Line 16:|
Currently Ken Lemons
Revision as of 01:30, 26 May 2011
As defined in The GCD Charter
People who enter data for comics into the database.
Ensure the data being entered matches the correct formatting. Approve the data that's being entered by Indexers.
Currently under discussion as listed on the [Board of Directors agenda]
Held by Ken Lemons under the previous role definition
- This position is being discussed by the Board to determine what role it should play now that ongoing reservations may be handled through the Online Indexing system, and most folks who index offline work directly with an online indexer.
Head Technical Coordinator
Currently Lionel English
- Mediates between the technical team and the Board (see: http://groups.google.com/group/gcd-board/browse_thread/thread/3acaa1eb2e7a0a63#)
- Coordinates the efforts of the other technical offices, which currently include:
- Lead Programmer: Jochen Garcke (Leads the web site and application design and implementation) (see: http://groups.google.com/group/gcd-board/browse_thread/thread/3acaa1eb2e7a0a63#)
- Data Co-ordinator: (currently vacant, position likely to be changed in the near future)
- GCD Postmaster: Ralf Haring (Postmaster reports to the Head Technical Coordinator and is responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deletion of mail accounts, in accordance with standard mail administrator responsibilities and in accordance with policies created by the Board. Postmaster is also responsible for advising the Board on issues of relevance to the performance of their job.) (see: http://groups.google.com/group/gcd-board/browse_thread/thread/d0da553e02035794#)
Former Technical Office Holders
- Jon Løvstad (GCD Webmaster, Programmer, etc., ??? - Oct. 2009)
- L. Jámal Walton (Data Coordinator, ??? - Dec. 2009?)
- Henry Andrews (Lead Programmer, late 2008 - May 2011)
The "Board" refers to the GCD's Board of Directors.
The "Board" is a group with a maximum of nine members who help run the GCD. There are elections every year in which either four or five of the Board members are elected to two-year terms by the GCD membership. See The GCD Charter for exact information about the makeup of the board.
The Board exists to help set and revise GCD policy, to make sure that all of the administrative roles are adequately staffed, and to identify problem areas and set up action committees to resolve them. Another way of looking at this is, they don't handle the day-to-day operations of the GCD, but they make sure that there are resources in place to handle them, and make sure that the project addresses areas of change when needed.
You can e-mail the GCD Contact Email to get in touch with board members or if you are on any of the GCD discussion lists (Email Lists FAQ), you can ask questions there and a Board member will usually respond.
|Ray Bottorff Jr||2010-2012|
|Donald Dale Milne||2010-2012|
Board history by term (terms start and end in November). 2000 was the first board election and half the board only had a one year term. Per Sandell resigned shortly after the 2006 election and Matt Gore served the remainder of his term. Henry Andrews resigned from his 2nd term in May 2011.
|Will Allred||Ray Bottorff Jr||Will Allred||Ray Bottorff Jr||Will Allred|
|Lionel English||Mike Catron||Lionel English||Mike Catron||Matt Head|
|Lou Mazzella||Tim Stroup||Ken Lemons||Matt Gore||Tony Rose|
|Mike Rhode||Maurizio Villotta||Tony Rose||Matthias Hofmann||Per Sandell|
|Tony Rose||(vacant)||Lou Mazzella|
|Ray Bottorff Jr||Will Allred||Ray Bottorff Jr||Will Allred||Henry Andrews|
|Mike Catron||Mike Nielsen||Mike Catron||Matt Gore||Ray Bottorff Jr|
|Matt Gore||Tony Rose||Matthias Hofmann||Mike Nielsen||Lionel English|
|Matthias Hofmann||Per Sandell||Jim Ludwig||Tony Rose||Ralf Haring|
|Lou Mazzella||Lou Mazzella||Lou Mazzella|
|Will Allred||Henry Andrews|
|Peter Croome||Lionel English|
|Matt Gore||Lou Mazzella|
|Tony Rose||Donald Dale Milne|
|Ray Bottorff, Jr.|
The "Cycle" column denotes which years the seat is up for election. Column years are the year in which each term ends.
|even||Ray Bottorff, Jr.|
|even||Mike Catron||Henry Andrews|
|odd||Lionel English||Matt Head||Mike Nielsen||Peter Croome|
|odd||Lou Mazzella||Ken Lemons||Per Sandell||Matt Gore|
|even||Mike Rhode||(vacant)||Matt Gore||Jim Ludwig||Lionel English|
|even||Tim Stroup||Matthias Hofmann||Ralf Haring||Donald Dale Milne|
|even||Maurizio Villotta||Lou Mazzella|
The Senior Editor group was a group of nine editors led by Ray Bottorf, Jr. [Ralf Haring, Mark Gordon, Donald Dale Milne, Peter Croome, Lou Mazzella, Ramon Schenk, Matthias Hoffman, L. Jámal Walton] that made decisions on formatting and field rules during 2008. Such decisions are now made on the gcd-policy mailing list as empowered by the Board of Directors. Senior Editor Votes