See the Credits page for rules for entering the GCD Official Name.
For all other names entered for any creator, enter the name exactly as you have found it referenced.
- If the name is an abbreviation, enter it as found, including any punctuation used.
- If the name is a single name only, such as surname, enter it as found.
- For multi-part names, enter the last name (in English; some languages are reversed) as a "Family Name". Enter the remainder of the name (one or more parts) as the "Given Name" as this tag is intended for "...any other legal names other than family name." See examples below.
- Even if the name is an obvious pen name, alias, studio name, or house name, enter it as found. Studios are intended as creator records, as are individuals, collaborations, shops, or any other documented creator name.
- Do not use square brackets "[ ]" or any other punctuation that is not found with the name.
- Do not add any notes to the name in parentheses.
- Do not add any "?" to the name.
- Do not enter more than one creator name at a time.
- Creator names should be recorded in their Romanized form in the Latin alphabet until such time as we have a means of indicating what script we are using to record the name, script herein after referring to a"set of graphic characters used for the written form of one or more languages" as defined by ISO 15924 (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_15924).
Future Data Entry
A Native Language option shall be added to the dropdown list of name types available under Other Names, so that we may record non-Romanized names in their native language under Other Names until such time as we have a means of indicating what script we are using to record the name.
In the future, we shall add a field for capturing the name of the script used in recording the name, with the script names used to populate the field being drawn from ISO 15924. We shall also add a similar field for capturing the name of the script used in recording Other Names, and when both of these additional fields have been implemented, we shall thereafter use the native transcription of the creator's name as the Official Name, with a proper indication of the appropriate script, and we shall require a Romanized transcription of the name as a required Other Name for all non-Latin names.
- Richard Howell - Name Type = "GCD Official"
- H. T. Elmo - Name Type = "GCD Official"
- Crandall - Name Type = "Pen"
- The Famous Mysterious Actor - Name Type = "House"
- S. Powers Severin - Name Type = "GCD Official"
- S. Powers - Name Type = "Given (birth)"
- Severin - Name Type = "Family"
- Sara Algase [as Veronica]
- Al McLean (signed)
- Otto Feuer ?
- Stephanie Maxwell; Ashley Buzzell
(end of definition)
Policy Votes Affecting This Topic
https://www.comics.org/voting/ballot/329/ - 2018-06-10
Back to the Formatting Documentation