- A short summary of the major points of each story can be included here. If the indexer is not writing the synopsis themselves, a note as to where it has come from should be included, like [from source.com, used with permission].
- Info that is under copyright, for instance descriptions from another website, should not be used without permission and, if permission is given, the source of the description must be noted.
- Solicitation or promotional text MUST NOT be used, per GCD Board resolution
- The synopsis need only be long enough to remind someone who has already read the story what it's about, and to distinguish it from other stories involving the same characters. It does NOT need to be detailed enough to replace the experience of reading the story. Ignore subplot developments when you're able to do so.
- A description of a cover image would go into the synopsis of the cover sequence.
- The synopsis must not exceed 600 characters. See tech bug #396.
- By long-standing convention, the preferred entry method for all text-based information is to use the language the comic was published in. English can always be used as an alternate.
- The synopsis should be written as regular sentences using regular punctuation.
* An un-named man is visited by his alien child who left many years ago. * blah blah blah [per coolsynopses.com, used with permission].
(end of defintion)
Back to the Formatting Documentation