As defined in The GCD Charter
People who enter data for comics into the database.
Ensure the data being entered matches the correct formatting. Approve the data that's being entered by Indexers.
- Documentation Coordinators
- List Administrators
- PR Coordinators
- Reservations Coordinators
- Rules/Policy Coordinators
- Ad Revenue Coordinators
- Membership Coordinator
Head Technical Coordinator
Currently Lionel English
- Mediates between the technical team and the Board (see: http://groups.google.com/group/gcd-board/browse_thread/thread/3acaa1eb2e7a0a63#)
- Coordinates the efforts of the other technical offices, which currently include:
- Lead Programmer: Jochen Garcke (Leads the web site and application design and implementation) (see: http://groups.google.com/group/gcd-board/browse_thread/thread/3acaa1eb2e7a0a63#)
- Data Co-ordinator: (currently vacant, position likely to be changed in the near future)
- GCD Digital Assets Administrator: Ralf Haring (Digital Assets Administrator reports to the Head Technical Coordinator and is responsible for the creation, maintenance, and deletion of mail accounts, in accordance with standard mail administrator responsibilities and in accordance with policies created by the Board. Digital Assets Administrator is also responsible for advising the Board on issues of relevance to the performance of their job.) (see: http://groups.google.com/group/gcd-board/browse_thread/thread/d0da553e02035794#)
Former Technical Office Holders
- Jon Løvstad (GCD Webmaster, Programmer, etc., ??? - Oct. 2009)
- L. Jámal Walton (Data Coordinator, ??? - Dec. 2009?)
- Henry Andrews (Lead Programmer, late 2008 - May 2011)
The "Board" refers to the GCD's Board of Directors.
The "Board" is a group with a maximum of nine members who help run the GCD. There are elections every year in which either four or five of the Board members are elected to two-year terms by the GCD membership. See The GCD Charter for exact information about the makeup of the board.
The Board exists to help set and revise GCD policy, to make sure that all of the administrative roles are adequately staffed, and to identify problem areas and set up action committees to resolve them. Another way of looking at this is, they don't handle the day-to-day operations of the GCD, but they make sure that there are resources in place to handle them, and make sure that the project addresses areas of change when needed.
You can e-mail the GCD Contact Email to get in touch with board members or if you are on any of the GCD discussion lists (Email Lists FAQ), you can ask questions there and a Board member will usually respond.
For more information on the GCD Board of Directors, see The Board.
The Senior Editor group was a group of nine editors led by Ray Bottorff Jr [Ralf Haring, Mark Gordon, Donald Dale Milne, Peter Croome, Lou Mazzella, Ramon Schenk, Matthias Hoffman, L. Jámal Walton] that made decisions on formatting and field rules during 2008. Such decisions are now made on the gcd-policy mailing list as empowered by the Board of Directors. Senior Editor Votes