Collection the states of the three main questions. If no further comments come this would go to the board to make the final decision if we actually want to do this. If yes, the board should also confirm that the two functionalities are under two different URLs and therefore somewhat separate in appearance.
How do to the separation, how it would look different, or what fields are used in the end are essentially tech details. But the fields we have seemingly noted.
- 1) my.comics.org and www.comics.org.
- On the tech side it still would be more or less the same underlying code and data.
- As much as possible www.comics.org shouldn't rely on my.comics.org at all, beyond a login link and a blurb of some kind on the front page. So any kind of collection stats or whatnot should stay on the my-side.
- It would be a separate appearance. So when logged in and using my.comics.org URLs one has the collection functionality, when logged in and using www.comics.org URLs one has the indexing functionality. (Think a change of the editing box on the right to a collecting box)
- 2) for the have-functionality we would have for each issue in owns collection:
- - text field
- - could be text field
- - could be choices only, but would then be country dependent
- - price, could be structured into price and currency
- Cost (price paid)
- Value (market)
- Sold for Price
- - date field, precise date ? or allow empty parts ?
- Acquisition Date
- Date Sold
- - user dependent, but should be db entries
- Where one purchased a book
- - yes/no
- Read or not
- Want to sell
- Maybe do:
- Rating (scale of 1 to 5/10) :3) for the want list for each issue we would have a notes field, no
further structured fields some to be really necessary.
3) for the want list for each issue we would have a notes field, no further structured fields some to be really necessary.
(end of report)
Back to Committees