In addition to the general credit formatting rules, the following apply specifically to the letters field.
- Required for Comic Story or Cover sequences, Optional on all other types of sequences
- The standard phrase used for any machine lettering is "typeset", unless credited differently (i.e. Charlton's "A. Machine"). Lettering studios may also be noted. Use of a Leroy lettering guide, a type of machine lettering, is sometimes entered as "typeset (Leroy lettering)".
- Creators and studios will be listed individually.
- The creators of a series logo should be noted in the letters field of the cover sequence of the first issue featuring this logo, as "creator name (series logo)".
* John Workman (credited) * typeset * Richard Starkings and Comicraft's Dave Lanphear would be listed as "Richard Starkings; Comicraft; Dave Lanphear" and NOT as "Richard Starkings; ? [as Comicraft]; Dave Lanphear".
(end of definition)
Policy Votes Affecting This Topic
http://www.comics.org/voting/ballot/173/ - 2013-03-01
Back to the Formatting Documentation