List of editors
Editors play an important role within the GCD. Their responsibilities include:
- Ensuring data being entered matches the correct formatting
- Approving the data that's being entered by Indexers.
Indexers who have shown they have a good grasp on our policies, an eye for detail and an above average knowledge of comics may become Editors, in charge of approving the information added by others. More information on the duties and on becoming an Editor can be found at the Editor Wiki. If you have been indexing with the project for a while and are interested in the Editor position, please inquire on our mailing lists so that a current Editor can submit your name for consideration.
List of Editors
|Allen Ross||DCs of all eras (particularly Superman), Dennis the Menace comic books, comic strip reprint books, giveaways|
|Andrés Jiménez||Trying to get all Spanish comics indexed|
|Christopher Garry||Superman; Daredevil; all comics from 1980 to 1989 especially independents; modern independents (especially low distribution like Vault, Scout, Titan, etc). Finally, good science fiction, fantasy from any era. Willing to take your surplus for indexing.|
|Derek Reinhard||Adding variant covers (Newsstand/Direct). Whitman variants. Mark Jeweler variants. QR codes for convention goers.|
|Jan Roar Hansen|
|Lou Mazzella||Marvel and DC silver age to present, EC comics, sword and sorcery, small press comics, mini-comics and manga.|
|Matthew H. Gore|
|Ramon Schenk||Dutch comic book collector and researcher. Started out as the Charlton editor, then moved on to indexing Dutch comics, gag paperbacks, collections, US comics and everything connected with Captain America et al.|
|Ray Bottorff, Jr.|
|Tony R. Rose|
Additionally, Jim Van Dore occasionally performs some editor duties for limited periods.
- The Senior Editor group was a group of nine editors led by Ray Bottorf, Jr. and included Ralf Haring, Mark Gordon, Donald Dale Milne, Peter Croome, Lou Mazzella, Ramon Schenk, Matthias Hoffman, L. Jámal Walton.
- The Senior Editors made decisions on formatting and field rules during 2008. The results of the efforts can be found on the Senior Editor Votes page.
- Formatting and field rules are now made on the gcd-policy mailing list and coordinated by Policy/Rules Coordinators.
- The following people have been editors in the past. This list covers the period back into 2004, but may not be complete.
- Andreas Loder (confirmed)
- Arthur Lortie
- Christopher Day (confirmed)
- Craig Delich
- David Bluestein II
- Denys Howard
- Dan Kocher (confirmed)
- Dan Stevenson
- Gene Reed
- Gregory Fischer (confirmed)
- Gregg Whitmore (confirmed)
- Henry Andrews (confirmed)
- Jean-Michel Ferragatti
- Jim Vadeboncoeur, Jr. (confirmed)
- John Greb (confirmed)
- John P. Selegue (confirmed)
- Jon Arvid Løvstad (confirmed)
- Ken Lemons
- L. Jámal Walton (confirmed)
- Lars Brueder (confirmed)
- Mark Gordon (confirmed)
- Mark Rudnitski (confirmed) (R.I.P.)
- Matthew Head
- Matthias Hofmann (confirmed)
- Maurizio Villotta (confirmed)
- Max Capp (confirmed)
- Richard Hughes
- Robert Sharp (confirmed)
- Rodrigo Baeza
- Steven Tice
- Timothy L. Stroup
- Will Allred (confirmed)